The North Cove Yacht Club, located on North Cove in Old Saybrook, Connecticut is seeking qualified full and part-time launch operators for the NCYC Launch.
Must have a current USCG Limited Masters License (Launch Operator License) or higher with TWIC and will be subject to drug testing. Shift popenings include days, nights, weekends, and holidays; May through October.
NCYC is looking for Launch Operators who are friendly, courteous, prompt, and competent handling a launch around member’s boats in various weather conditions and times of day. Duties include:
- Inspection of launch prior to operation, routine washing, and general cleaning;
- General daily maintenance of launch and club whalers/inflatables such as checking engine oil, gear oil, and coolant levels, topping up fuel tanks, safety device checks, and shipshape upkeep;
- Maintaining maintenance log;
- Provide launch service to NCYC members who have deep water moorings in North Cove and its entrance;
- Maintain daily run log documenting member usage;
- Daily flag raising/lowering at the flagpole;
- Assisting members with gear loading/offloading and tying up to club docks;
- Light clubhouse maintenance such as restocking icechest, refreshing heads with supplies, tidying up waterfront, and small lawn area care.
Interested? Contact Rear Commodore Jon Mason for more details.